As the business world embraces digital transformation, “AI for small business” is not just a trend but a necessity. Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a complex tech jargon into an invaluable asset for businesses of all sizes. On Thursday, January 18th Calumet Media, in partnership with SADC Pontiac and the Pontiac Chamber of Commerce, hosted local small business owners and talked about demystifying AI and offered straightforward insights into harnessing this technology for growth and efficiency.
In the presentation, we discussed:
- Evolution and overview of AI – From the Turing Test to Terminator and smart speakers, we discussed how we got here and where we’re going.
- What AI is – and isn’t! – Although we call it “artificial intelligence” modern AI is still just regurgitation text it’s been fed. Machine learning is a key step in the development of “artificial general intelligence.
- Tools for AI Content – including text, image, and video generation that can be used to improve the content on your website, social media, and newsletters.
- Improving your prompts – identifying the 6 components of a good prompt to get better output from AI tools like ChatGPT.
- Business examples – We revisit Pontiac Fitness, our fictitious business who uses AI technology to improve it’s business operations.
If you missed our live presentation or want to review some of the material, below is recording of the presentation and a copy of the Google Slides.
Google Slides Presentation
Grants for Small Businesses
Incorporating AI into small businesses is not a leap into the unknown but a step towards future-proofing your enterprise. While the technology might seem daunting, its practical applications are both accessible and beneficial. The Government of Canada offers small business owners funding to help build a comprehensive digital strategy and adoption – including leveraging artificial intelligence. To find out more details, visit our page about the Canada Digital Adoption Program.